Congratulations to April Fan Builds winner Rob Benowicz who sent us his sweet, highly customized SIR 9 steel hardtail. It's a beauty with multiple, matched hits of the signature Niner orange highlight color. It's perfect for everything from a multi-week bikepacking adventure or just a kid-friendly cruise around the block.
"Dear Niner," wrote Rob last month. "Welcome to my custom kid adventure bike! I built this bike with the original vision of cruising around local trails with my toddler in tow, but also as a future bikepacking adventurer. Many of the parts I had laying around the garage, but some of the fun bits are from a few of my favorite brands. Check it out!"
Check it out? Rob come on, we can't take our eyes off it! You've really built a versatile, functional, and yet beautiful bike that embodies what we love about our #Ninerd fans. We're all passionate yet focused on fun.
"I discovered Niner Bikes during Outerbike 2014 when I was looking for a "longer travel" 29er," says Rob. "The RIP 9 RDO stood head and shoulders above the rest and I became a Ninerd from that point forward. Our garage bike stable now holds a 1st gen RIP, 2nd gen RIP, a JET, and now a SIR. Needless to say our family loves the way these bikes handle and we think that they are an absolute blast to ride!"
Here's Rob's full specification rundown:
- Crankarms: SRAM GX X-sync 30x134 (68/73) 175
- Chainring: SRAM 32t
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1195 X01 X-Glide 10-42 11 speed, fits XD Driver Body
- Bottom Bracket : SRAM DUB PF30 (68/73)
- Chain : SRAM PC 1170 Hollowpin 114 links 11-spd
- Freewheel: SRAM XD Driver Body
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM XO1 11-speed
- Shifter: SRAM XO1 trigger
- Brakes: SRAM Level Ultimate
- Front Brake Rotor: SRAM Centerline 200
- Rear Brake Rotor: SRAM Centerline 180
- Headset: Hope ZS44/28.6 (Cup 2-upper), ZS56/40 (Cup E-lower) Orange
- Handlebar: Raceface SIXC 800
- Stem: Hope AM/Freeride 35 mm diameter, 50 mm length Orange
- Seatpost: KS LEV Integra 150 with PNW loam lever in safety orange
- Seat Clamp: Hope Clamp 34.9 mm diameter Orange
- Grips: Deity Knucklebuster Orange
- Saddle: Deity Speedtrap Orange
- Hubs: Hope Pro 4 Boost 110 x15 (front), 148 x12 (rear), 32h six bolt
- Rims: Stans Baron MK3 Rims 27.5/Orange decals
- Spokes: double butted steel with brass nipples
- Tires: Maxxis Rekon 27.5x2.8" 71-584 3C/EXO/TR Tan wall
- Fork: Fork PIKE Ultimate Charger2.1 RC2 - Crown 29" Boost™ 15X110 120mm Gloss Black 51 Offset Tapered DebonAir (Fender,2 BTM Tokens, Star nut, Maxle Stealth) B3
- Other: Custom frame bag by Pack NW, WeeRide Kangaroo LTD child carrier
Niner fans, keep your custom Niner builds coming into us. We're choosing a winner every month from now until the end of the season!