https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1_wlTMe3BU A performance oriented gravel bike? Yes. The youngest child in Niner's Road Less Traveled (RLT) family arrived in early 2017. The youngest child shares some characteristics with its siblings - the RLT 9 Steel and RLT 9 Aluminum - but has a ride feel all its own - a ride feel thirsting for speed. Below, we offer a more detailed look at the RLT 9 RDO gravel bike. RIDER PROFILE: If you come from a road or cross-country mountain bike background or you just love the feel of a performance-oriented bike, the RLT RDO is likely for you. You are the discerning cyclist who prefers a carbon fiber bike due to its ride qualities, its light weight and its strength. The RLT 9 RDO broken down:
- Intended use: The RLT 9 RDO seeks speed. A performance-oriented bike with geometry that leans more toward road biking but more stable and forgiving. You can race and train on this bike.
- Frame: Niner‘s RDO Carbon and RDO Gravel fork make this bike lightweight and strong yet very responsive. (Total weight of 56 cm frame and fork: 3.63 lbs/1.65 kg.)
- Tire compatiblity: 700 c, 1.5 inches/40 mm
- Faster than a steel bike and has a sportier, racier ride quality but the carbon fiber takes the edge off the bumps.
- Road bikers looking to do some off-road training to mix up their routine will love this bike and or mountain bike racers looking for another option, especially when trails are unrideable, will find this bike to their liking.
- Meets ISO design standards for mountain bikes which are more stringent than ISO standards for road bikes.